[plug] Detecting Apache Attacks...

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 11:00:08 WST 2002

On Thursday 24 October 2002 10:39, garry wrote:
> Doing a quick "apt-cache search snort", I got a listing including snort,
> psad and acidlab. Can't vouch for them, but snort is used in the Smoothwall
> firewall so I guess it works..

I'm more interested in post-attack log processing, than full on live firewall
prevention. Sure, a firewall would be good long term, but right now I'm after
a quick curiosity satisfier, based on log analysis. ^_^

ie; A glorified "grep cmd.exe logs/*". ^_^

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |