[plug] dbmmanage

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 25 00:26:32 WST 2002

Hello, Craig.

Vague possibility, if your message is exact as to typing, is that during
the check phase you omit the .db against the filename.   If dbmmanage is
defaulting to another format, then from the man pages...
"If used against the wrong format, will simply return nothing..."

Also, what happens in response to a "dbmmanage password.db view"  ?

HTH,
Denis

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Craig Dyke wrote:

> Have been doing some reading on using Apache and some of its uses.
>
> In my brief study I came across using dbmmanage to create a db to store
> passwords. All sounds good in theory. No matter how many times I create a db
> I seem to never have anyone in it.
> This is my set of commands:
>
> dbmmanage password.db adduser blah
>
> I then get asked for password for blah and then to repeat it, which I do.
> Next I type:
>
> dbmmanage password check