[plug] Web mirroring software

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Fri Oct 25 10:03:38 WST 2002

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Ben Jensz wrote:

> David Buddrige wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I am trying to locate software for linux that downloads an entire
> > website to your local hard-drive by following each of the links on the
> > site.  I've been searching google for this, but so far have been
> > unable to locate such software.  Does anyone know of such a tool for
> > linux?
> > thanks
> > David Buddrige.
> >

> wget can do this can't it?
>
> Never used it to do that exactly myself, but I think I've read something
> about that in the docs before.
>

> / Ben

In the past, I have used wget, to download a website, with all its
embedded websites and web pages within those websites (many, many,
megabytes). I did it with RH 6.2, about a couple of years ago. Useful
for downloading unit information (including some coursenotes), from
within a universtity IT department :)

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988