[plug] Bill's enhanced standards (Re: [plug] Massive DoS attack?)

proXy davyd at iprimus.com.au
Sun Oct 27 13:36:39 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 00:58, Sham Chukoury wrote:

> Aha! So it's those smart quotes that are causing all the trouble...
> Hmmm... I should find a way of turning them off. Or maybe I'll get
> Ximian Evolution working thru VMWare on the Linux box. :) Thanks for the
> heads up.
> And the reason why the second message (as well as this current one)
> looked fine is because I sent it from Ximian Evolution, not MS Outlook.

Fsck it, run Evolution on your 166. I made evolution compile on a
pentium-166-mmx under Gnome 1.2 and that took about a day and a half to
compile evolution, let alone all it's dependancies.
Too many people are whiny bitches, saying their computers aren't fast
enough, I am still happy on my p3-550.
If you want to see slow, ask to play with my Quadra 700 (a mac with a
68040, 40bogomips) running debian, if I can ever work out what's
preventing it from turning on (dodgy powersupply I suspect).
--X

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/
linux.conf.au Perth 2003 <http://www.linux.conf.au>

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA