[plug] Which linux is that ?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 29 22:07:40 WST 2002

For gentoo:

root at rattus tmp # cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.4.19-gentoo-r9-0 (root at rattus.localdomain) (gcc version
3.2) #4 Fri Oct 18 07:50:51 WST 2002
root at rattus tmp # uname -a
Linux rattus.localdomain 2.4.19-gentoo-r9-0 #4 Fri Oct 18 07:50:51 WST
2002 i686 AMD Athlon(tm) processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
root at rattus tmp #

Redhat and Mandrake have a file in /etc that you can change the contents
to whatever you like (helps when you install software that wants a
specific version!)

Is it just me, or is iinet flaky today/tonight?  or has the 3.2 Gbytes
downloaded via my 56k modem this month melted the wires?

BillK