[plug] V.92 Call Waiting

Chris Caston caston at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 31 09:31:13 WST 2002

Greetings,

I'm interested making my modem drop the connection and have the phone
ring when someone tries to call me (ie a customer)

I have a V.92 modem (Lucent Chipset LT Modem) with a driver I got from
linmodems.org

There are both a "phone" and "line" rj12 sockets on the modem but at the
moment I just have a double adapter in my wall socket.

I'm using Debian Woody with wvdial to connect. I've contacted iinet
about v.92 but they don't support it, nor do they plan to.

If both modems are v.92 it is possible to keep the data line on
"waiting" while you continue your voice call. If only your modem is v.92
i've heard that its possible ot drop your data connection and have your
phone ring.

Any ideas on how to achieve this on Linux?

thanks,

Chris