[plug] Possible LPI training course

Chris Caston caston at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 31 21:35:34 WST 2002

Greetings,

One of the things we will be looking at as part the programme of ITCS
(IT Career Support) at HQ youth facility is running a course to train
people to meet the objectives of exams 1 & 2 of the LPI certification as
well as increase their knowledge and competence in Linux.

We will most likely be using free documentation and course materials
such as that from http://lcdp.sourceforge.net

Please get back to me with any advice you have. We are also looking at
people that would be interested in helping teach the course.

The course would be aimed at people looking for work in IT that want to
achieve formal qualifications without insulting their intelligence and
career prospects with the MSCE. (;

If all goes well we will plan this to run sometime next year and if at
all possible we are trying to keep it 100% free (except for their
offical exam which they would need to book and pay for themselves)

Would it be workable for the student machines to be LTSP clients?

Thanks,

Chris Caston

Secretary

ITCS