[plug] Another user converted to Debian :)

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Mon Sep 2 10:15:38 WST 2002

Yeah, it does. But the easiest way around that if you still want to run
Woody/Sarge is to put an entry in your apt.conf file along the lines of
'APT::Default-Release "stable"'. Make sure that your sources.list refers to
'stable' instead of 'woody'. Then add another entry refering to 'unstable'. It
will then only pull files from Sid if you need them. An apt-get -t experimental
install gnome2 should set you up with the latest gnome 2 stuff without needing
to run your whole system on Sid (not that thats a problem - all my machines run
on sid).

Regards,
Adrian Woodley
Diskworld Computer & IT