[plug] System slowdown help

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Wed Sep 4 03:25:41 WST 2002

Tony,

Your last comment got me thinking about something.  One difference with this
install and my last one was that before I used static IP addresses on all
four machines on my network.  On this rebuild I chose DHCP because I just
added another old P100 machine running the Smoothwall firewall product, and
wanted to give DHCP a try on one machine.
So I did not touch the /etc/hosts file this time.  Usually I would create a
common hosts file for all my PC's and use rdist to distribute it whenever
there were changes.
So for my machine, called 'phil' should I enter the following:

127.0.0.1	localhost	phil.myhouse.com