[plug] System slowdown help

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Wed Sep 4 10:34:24 WST 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Steege, Phil E wrote:

> Tony,
>
> Your last comment got me thinking about something.  One difference with this
> install and my last one was that before I used static IP addresses on all
> four machines on my network.  On this rebuild I chose DHCP because I just

It sounds to me like a network timeout. Try running 'tcpdump' to see what
your machine is trying to do on the ethernet. Post the output back to the
list if it doesnt mean anything to you.
  I'd suggest using fixed IP addresses for linux boxes, and just keep DHCP
for visitors.

--
        The origin of Truth is Doubt - Socrates