[plug] incoming mail problem

tsuki_yomi at moon.curtin.edu.au tsuki_yomi at moon.curtin.edu.au
Wed Sep 4 14:22:12 WST 2002

Is this with Redhat 7.x?

If so then it seems that in their infinite wisdom they bound sendmail to
127.0.0.1

The results are pretty much as you described (I fell foul of this myself)

If you check sendmail.mc you should find a line like -

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

If you change the address to your external IP it should work. (remember to
rebuild sendmail.cf afterward, as well as restart sendmail to have the
changes take effect)

--
James Budworth
tsuki_yomi at moon.curtin.edu.au