[plug] Sendmail- tutorial for simple setup

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Sep 6 16:08:24 WST 2002

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Tim Bowden wrote:

> Hi all,
> I need to setup a mail server that can pop mail from our isp then make
> it available to multiple users using either pop or imap- not sure just
> how I want it setup yet.  Any pointers?

Use fetchmail to grab if from the ISP and send it to your local SMTP
daemon.  Many prople will tell you to use exim or postfix for the local SMTP
daemon, as sendmail is too bulky and complicated.  Personally I like sendmail.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!