[plug] Redhat 7.3 install (argh!!!!)

Adrian Blockley a.blockley at poboxes.com
Fri Sep 6 22:09:36 WST 2002

Ah now that is interesting. Were you using Next handbooks "Exploring
Linux" which comes with 3 CDs or the original redhat CD #3? I went back
to the Newsagent where I bought the original disks and tried a few
other sets and still had the same problem. The problem wasn't that the
disk was corrupt but that it didn't have a valid checksum.
The publisher  sent me an email apologising for the problems with the
third CD and explained why the CD was causing problems. The basic work
around is to do an install where the RPMs from the 3rd disk were not
required. According to the email they sent me the source rpm for zsh
(which was on the 3rd disk) was corrupted (maybe when they copied the
original iso?)
Cheers

Adrian

On 2002.09.06 12:04 Bret Busby wrote:
> On 5 Sep 2002, Jay Warwick wrote:
>

> > As a new Linux user I find this information interesting.  But does
> the
> > third disk work or doesn't it.  I have also bought Redhat7.3 only to
> be
> > disappointed.
> >

> As previously stated in a message that I posted, which was quoted in
> Adrian Blockley's message, we had no problems with disk #3, both in
> the
> copy that we borrowed, and, in the copy that we made of that copy.
>
> --
> Bret Busby
> Armadale
> West Australia
>
> "So once you do know what the question actually is,
>  you'll know what the answer means."
> - Deep Thought,
>   Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
> - Douglas Adams, 1988

Adrian  Blockley	 32 Darwinia Loop Canningvale WA, 6155
a.blockley at poboxes.com

Ph: 08 9256 1953
Mobile: 0405 609 990