[plug] Xfree and WindowMaker desktop not happy:-(

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Sep 9 05:15:10 WST 2002

I did an upgrade of the Xfree86 to version 4.2.0 and now I cannot see anything on the desktop. I'm using RHL7.2 completely patched up-todate.  I wanted to use WindowMaker-0.85.  The installs for both went fine, but the onlt thing on my desktop is the twm and nothing else.  I cannot create a windows or anything of the sort.  Does anyone know of how to fix this mess?
Also because of this I can only start programs from xterm.  The problem with this is when I close Mozilla for instance (I may have 4 sessions opened) all of the Windows with Mozilla closes and xterm session and it sends me back to the login screen.
It does not matter if I login as root or a user, KDE or Gnome it's all the same.

Could really use some help and explanation of what and where I went wrong.

Thanks