[plug] converting TIFF sequences to video

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Sep 9 14:30:21 WST 2002

> Welcome to Linux. Which of a zillion formats would you like your TIFFs
> batch-translated to before rendering?

Heh.... most likely I'd render directly from TIFF to AVI, depending on
the capabilities of the app.

Mplayer actually looks like a good option (weird, eh?) - well, MEncoder.
I can't figure out how to make the darn thing take a sequence of files
though ... I've tried -mf \*png (I'm testing using a dir full of PNGs
dumped from a DVD) and it picks them up but just renders gibberish in
the video window.

MEncoder interests me mainly due to its format capabilities: RGB24
uncompressed AVI :-) so I don't have to murder the master with MPEG.

Its an interesting challenge.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)