[plug] low heat & low noise linux box for firewall?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Sep 9 14:40:59 WST 2002

William Kenworthy wrote:
> Dont I know it.  What do you ( and other people) use for recording?
> streamer (xawtv) skips too many frames, even on fast hardware, kwintv's
> output is not compatible with a lot of players and so on.

I've done a little bit of recording stuff and tend to use MEncoder.
Anything capable of encoding DVD video in faster-than-real-time is good
in my book. DVDs are good sources of test video for playing with
encoders - I don't have my TV card yet.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)