[plug] OT (?) low heat & low noise linux box for firewall?

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Tue Sep 10 00:13:46 WST 2002

Mooneye, the do-it-all server at the UCC ran (runs?) a dual P90 system, both
with only heatsinks. Most enterprise workstations (HP, IBM, etc) don't use CPU
fans either. I'm not sure if this is because they under-clock the CPU or what
the story is. On the other hand, my AMD K6-2 450 has two fans on the one
heatsink. Thats just cause I got gready though :) I wanted to be able to use
both speed read-outs from sensord.

Regards,
Adrian Woodley
Diskworld Computer & IT