[plug] Sendmail- masquerading

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Sep 11 17:55:50 WST 2002

> When I send from an acount set up in mozilla as
> mylocalname at mailserver.office and try to send I get the error
> "The mail server responded:
> 5.1.8<mylocalname at mailserver.office>...Domain of sender address
> mylocalname at mailserver does not exist"

Try putting those domains (mailserver, mailserver.office) in the file local-host-names.  A bit of an explanation here: http://www.tldp.org/LDP/solrhe/Securing-Optimizing-Linux-RH-Edition-v1.3/chap22sec180.html

On the masq issue - in your sendmail.mc file you should have some or all of:
FEATURE(`masquerade_envelope')
FEATURE(`allmasquerade')
FEATURE(`always_add_domain')

then m4 it as the comments in that file instruct you.
then all the usual restarting/sendmailconfig stuff.

Then the lines you mentioned should work ..  If you are unsure, you could install webmin and the sendmail module and click on the domain masquarading icon :)

Ryan