[plug] File-systems and Windows

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Thu Sep 19 07:39:16 WST 2002

That was my original plan but I had problems when it came down to time a
couple weeks ago. I can VNC over the LAN but I can't get the samba shares
to work. I could access the NT4 Machine but couldn't write. I couldn't
access my Linux box though. As I don't yet have a hub the set up is 2
Windows boxes always connected by a crossover and only when I need it is it
a Windows box and a Linux box. I also don't no how to access a network
printer which is my main worry. The second worry is being able to get
certain files to the Windows machine which is for CD burning. Later I will
be setting it up as with a hub and a Linux gateway/backup/printer
server/file server and even possibly a burner. All the network cards are
10/100 so that should work. When the time I will be using Debian.
Tim
p.s. Can I setup the gateway to also be a mail server for some domain with
out registering the domain? like tadewhite.biz.au? If it is always
connected to the net and is binded to the domain will it work?