[plug] video 4 linux - bttv

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 22 17:08:19 WST 2002

On Saturday 21 Sep 2002 4:46 pm, Jon L. Miller wrote:
> If you get your TV card to work please pass along the information, as I
> too am having problems running this card and I have 2 of them.

yes, I finally got it working. it appears that the card was having difficulty
sharing an IRQ with my SCSI card - move slots and voila.

I havent found a radio app yet, but I can watch TV.

The first problem was identfiying the card - my brother told me it was a
3demon PV951TF - which is in fact a rebadged provideo PV951.... Unfortunately
provideo appear to use any number of tuner chipsets in the same model of card
- whatevers going cheap I suppose. Fortunately once I had told the bttv
module what type of card it was (modprobe bttv card=42), it managed to detect
the tuner chipset. I then added the options to modules.conf and xawtv works
well. Funniest thing is that my brother never managed to get this card
working properly under windows - its primary supported platform. Very odd.

Thanks for the good ideas guys.