[plug] ex-Government PCs or the like

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Sep 24 14:54:41 WST 2002

At 02:17 PM 09/24/2002, you wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>Does anyone know where or how the government or fleet purchases get rid of
>thier old pc's?

A lot of them go to various state government initiatives such as the First
Click grants programme and telecentres.

>More to the point I am looking for a source of low cost relativly low spec
>desktops to buy for an additional classroom at the school in East Timor that
>I assised earlier this year.
>
>I think something around the PII 300 - 350 mark would be good (and that is
>the
>spec i think govt will be getting rid of)

I think they must be all going to East Timor, as Computer Angels have not
seen any of this specification :)

Are you part of http://purple.nd.edu.au/coms/bj/easttimor/index.htm ? If
not, you may wish to get in contact with them. I think it is a consortium
of three groups including the University of Notre Dame and they have
coordinated populating youth centres and classrooms with PCs (Windows) and
MACs.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)