[plug] KVM switches - serverlink

John Usher (Maptek) John.Usher at perth.maptek.com.au
Wed Sep 25 14:03:23 WST 2002

G'day...

I use a serverlink 4 port KVM switch and have had mouse wierdness but it
has always been fixed by using PS/2 instead of the IMPS/2 mouse setting
on Linux.

If any of you are investigating purchasing KVM switches and wanting to
support Australian industry, I recommed the serverlink brand as they are
very reasonably priced and Australian made! www.serverlink.com.au

Also their cables are a good price and we have purchased them for use
with another brand of KVM switch that we have (brand name eludes me at
the moment, but some small US vendor).

I have successfully used the serverlink KVM with a 15M cable from
keyboard/monitor/mouse to the switch and 2m cables to the computers and
it has performed beautifully!

Holy cow, this sounds like an advert for the things. It isn't intended
that way - just me putting in a vote of confidence for a local producer!

...John...