[plug] Partitioning Hard Disk

Craig Dyke grail at enterprize.net.au
Wed Sep 25 18:09:01 WST 2002

Effectively Linux these days does not care where it is situated.
Therefore it can be safely placed in the extended partition as a logical
set (/boot, /usr , etc) of drives.

If you wish an alternate solution you could use your Linux distro to create
the partitions. This has the advantage that programs like fdisk under Linux
has only the restriction of 4 primary partitions (one of which should
contain
the extended partition if you want one)

Craig