[plug] cups-libs >= 1.1.12 , libcrypto.so.2 , (dependencies)

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Thu Sep 26 00:10:52 WST 2002

I use Redhat 7.3 and I would recommend you first go to
http://apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org/ and get the apt-get rpm package.  Read the
documentation there and you will find it is easy to install and configure.
Then you can do, what the Debian folks have done for a long time.  Use
apt-get to get all your updates/installs, with all dependencies done for you
by the apt-get application.
It is a great program and provides me all my updates/upgrades over my 56k
modem line.  Some of them take a while to download, but apt does all the
downloading of apps + all dependencies / opening the rpm / and installation.
In the case of wine I would just, go on-line, do a "apt-get install wine"
and go get a cup of coffee and watch as apt does all the work for me.

If you have all the rpm's in a directory and want to find which rpm has a
particular file, I use the following:

for i in *rpm; do if rpm -qpl $i |grep libpbm.so &>/dev/null; then echo $i;
fi; done

This example is looking for libpbm.so, but you can substitute.
I'm sure other PLUG people have better ways.

Good luck
Phil