[plug] HTTP mail?

John locutus at borg.apana.org.au
Thu Sep 26 05:49:04 WST 2002

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 23:07, John Knight wrote:
> Hey up!
> Anyone know of any mail fetching proggies that can use an HTTP protocol? I'm
> hoping to get away with something like KMail, but if need be, I'll resort to
> the command line. ;)

???

please explain?  HTTP is not a mail protocol.  What are you trying to do
that you want to fetch mail via http?  In my experience, most places
that serve mail via the web either require that you log in to get to it
via a web browser, or provide pop/imap access?  Since the web-based mail
browsers that I've used and setup (and written) use imap to get mail, I
imagine that this is generally the case.  So, if you're using a
web-based mail service, they probably also have an imap mail server
somewhere there.