[plug] Waix only mirror

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Sep 27 12:06:24 WST 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Patrick Tehvand wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:23, Patrick Tehvand wrote:
> > Does anyone know if there is a software solution that will restrict ftp
> > access based on last hop?
> Sorry to reply to my own message... but would configuring the iptables on the
> server be a good option for this assuming the ftp server has its own ip?

It would work BUT you'd need to get a list of WAIX'able IP's and keep it
updated (weekly would be fine).  If you did this then definatly make your own
chain for incomming FTP data soas you done have to process 100+ rules for all
incomming packets.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!