[plug] [link] Good news if you interoperate with Apple gear

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Sep 27 16:09:05 WST 2002

Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:42, Bret Busby wrote:
>
>>Does that mean that (eventually) we will be able to connect an Apple Mac
>>to a Linux server?
>

> You can now. `man ddp' or `man atalk'.

or "apt-get install netatalk" if you don't have it (or caps) installed
already.

> They also speak TCP/IP fluently, since (I think) Mac OS8.

MacOS 7.5 actually. You could get MacTCP and MacPPP for MacOS 7.1 too,
as system extenstions. Yeah, I admit it, I used to be a "Mac User" (note
caps). That's pre MacOS-9 though - how anyone can _stand_ using that is
beyond me.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)