[plug] Waix only mirror

Grahame Bowland grahame at azale.net
Sat Sep 28 00:59:49 WST 2002

On Friday 27 September 2002 11:23, Patrick Tehvand wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a software solution that will restrict ftp
> access based on last hop?
>
> [thinking of setting up our internal mirrors to allow waix traffic but dont
> want to configure the borders if I dont have to]

There are a bunch of 172.26 style addresses that are by convention routable
across WAIX. You could try and get yourself an allocation of those; this is
one of the obvious purposes of the addresses.

Other than that, find some way to get a map of WAIX. You could (with
permission) get it easily enough via BGP or SNMP from an amenable router..

-grahame