[plug] gpm

Craig Dyke grail at enterprize.net.au
Mon Sep 30 23:35:24 WST 2002

During installfest I had someone help me get gpm working.

We discovered that the correct arguements are:

	gpm -m /devices/misc/psaux -t imps2

When typed in at the command line this works fine.
I decided from here that I would like this to be done on entry into
init level 3 and switched off at level 5.
I produced the following script:

#!/bin/sh
#Retrieve PID

PID=/var/run/gpm.pid

case $1 in
        start)  echo "$1ing gpm."
                gpm -m /devices/misc/psaux -t imps2
                ;;
        stop)   echo "$1ing gpm."
                killall -QUIT gpm; rm $PID
                ;;
        *)      echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
                ;;
esac

Problem is that when this is run on startup I get errors and mouse does not
work correctly :(

gpm[99]: === ERROR ===: [/usr/src/gpm-1.20.0/src/mice.c(1740)]:
gpm[99]: imps2: PS/2 mouse failed to read id, assuming standard PS/2

Is there a problem with the script or something else??

Craig