[plug] .deb's for MPlayer

Russ Pitman rjp at belle.apana.org.au
Tue Apr 1 19:39:09 WST 2003

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 06:34:10PM +0800, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, quoth Russ Pitman:
>
> > I installed the .deb and ran 'mplayer' in an xterm, plenty of text
> > output,no error message I could see and nothing else.
>
> Did you give it a filename to play?
>
> run "gmplayer" if you want a gui, and want to choose a filename from
> there.
>
>  - Matt

Believe or not Matt I got the horse first :-) I only have One mp3 file
in my systems. No video files and no dvd's. It couldn't use the audio
but it did try and will surely work .

I will rectify that tomorrow and report back in due course. In the
meantime having read John's Linmag article I will download the source
overnight as a penance.
--
Cheers,
russ.