[plug] [OT] hotmail hostility

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Apr 3 11:54:54 WST 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 11:30:26AM +0800, sol wrote:
> Unless I get a more useful response from M$N Hotmail, I may just have
> to mail (in batches less than 50) those subscribers with hotmail
> addresses letting them know that they won't be receiving mail from our
> list anymore. :-(

I don't know about mailman, but all the mailing list software I've ever
used (including ecartis/listar, which is fairly light) support
configuring for a maximum batch size and for pauses between batches.
Many (again, even ecartis) support individually addressed modes.

Depending on how smart hotmail is (I know, I'm laughing too) that might
solve your problem.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Never be afraid to try something new.
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | Remember, amateurs built the ark.