[plug] OT ATM, The magic hole in the wall.

Derek Fountain derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 14:52:00 WST 2003

> I was strolling past the Bankwest ATM at Maddington Metro shopping centre
> this afternoon, when I glanced over to see an NT/W2K Blue reboot screen.
> Something that I hadn't given much thought to, but it would seem that the
> atms for bankwest at least are running MS windows.

I think that's pretty much the norm these days. All ATM machines used to be
OS/2, but since no one takes that seriously any more, Windows has largely
replaced it.

--
"...our desktop is falling behind stability-wise and feature wise to KDE
...when I went to Mexico in December to the facility where we launched gnome,