[plug] LinEAK on LTSP

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Apr 5 21:41:46 WST 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 09:24:15PM +0800, Chris Caston wrote:

| I'm interested in finding out if LinEAK will work on LTSP. Any thoughts?
|
| http://lineak.sourceforge.net/

It looks like it's just a wrapper around Xmodmap, so I'd be surprised if
it didn't.

| I think this would be great for launching evolution, xterms, Mozilla
| opening Samba shares etc.

Indeed.  I've been using the extra buttons on my keyboard the
"old-fashioned way" using xmodmap and <insert favourite WM here, so
long as it isn't GNOME>'s built-in options for binding arbitrary keys
to doing something useful.  This has the advantage over lineak that you
can also bind keys to functions like "next virtual desktop" and so
on, as well as for starting programs.

| BTW what would be the best keyboard for this? I hate to say it but from
| what I have seen I like the (cheap) MS multi-media's.

I prefer the feel of the Logitech keyboards; the keys are slightly less
"squishy" than the MS ones.  On the other hand, they aren't exactly
cheap - or at least, mine wasn't :(

CP.