[plug] Windows XP review, ya gotta laugh! (-: Yes, this is on topic :-)

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Apr 6 17:01:23 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 16:34, Bern Healey wrote:
> Some of us choose to use Linux because we are less than happy with the
> alternative impressed on us.
> However, talking personally, I have great difficulty taking advantage of the
> advantages offered because some are not as literate as others Makes me think
> of those who did not learn to read and right properly at primary school. A
> confession perhaps. Please gents and I must say more than fair proportion of
> rather attractive ladies, a little compassion would go over well.

Interestingly I did not learn to read and write until about year 4-5
when I started playing the Sierra adventure games with the natural
language prompts.

By year 6-7 I was reading stuff like a fat compilation book of stuff by
HG Wells and Ben Elton's Stark.

I see what you mean though imagine where we could be if everyone used
workflow processing, collaborative calendaring, change  and risk
management and recorded everything useful in knowledge bases.