[plug] Command line encrypted dvd playing with mplayer

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Mon Apr 7 10:42:27 WST 2003

Hi Folks,

I gave mplayer a go on the weekend, all went well, very impressed.  I
used gmplayer to open all the DVDs without a problem.

Now I thought I'd give mencoder a try, which runs mplayer via the
command line .. but I can't get DVDs to play via the command line.

mplayer -dvd 1 /dev/scd0

Starts is up but can't decrypt the stream, so I guess I have to use
-dvdauth etc, but am not sure how to specify it, and can't find any
useful examples in the usual places.

Does anyone know how to start encrypted DVDs from the command line?

Any hints on mencoder would be much appreciated too :)

Thanks,

Ryan