[plug] Debian puzzle, very weird (strace sync)

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 7 20:28:45 WST 2003

In message <200304072014.40834.leon at brooks.fdns.net>
on Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 08:14:40PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> close(3)                                = 0
> munmap(0x40014000, 31597)               = 0
> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) ---
> +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

So, it's dying before it even gets to the sync? But what is it doing at
the time that it dies? Just curious, not saying I could actually help
you. Just interested in what the stack trace is. The strace -- syscall
trace -- appears to indicate it crashes after munmap (the most recent
syscall) successfully completes.