[plug] Debian puzzle, very weird (IDE, kernel)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Apr 7 20:54:12 WST 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 19:58, indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU wrote:
> I'm a bit of a layer 1 guy... but it sounds like HD controller to me,
> (assuming you're using "normal" kernels)

On two machines at once, that haven't been physically touched in months, we
think not. (-:

> of course, it could be kernel or baseutils trouble, but i'm assuming
> you didn't brew your own in a particlarly exotic way, so that would seem
> to be unlikely..

Kernel hadn't been rebuilt in a long time, build was trimming only and no
fancy patches. Each machine was done individually a week apart about 8-9
months ago (one was up over 200 days until last week when we started looking
at this).

Cheers; Leon