[plug] OT: POST codes for Gigabyte?

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Apr 8 10:41:08 WST 2003

Chris Cornish wrote:
> Although you shouldnt have to We normally unplug ATX power and give it 10
> mins or so to fully discharge the capacitors (press power button in with atx
> power unplugged to be sure)
>
> Regards
> Chris

I dunno about the shouldnt have to bit. An ATX always has a +5v rail
active on the board somewhere, it's entirely possible that some of that
finds its way to things like ram and cpu while the machine is "off".
I usually just pop the ATX connector off the motherboard and all is
sweet. The best way to do what you want to achieve is just pull the
mains while the machine is running. It will knock the psu flat in seconds.

--
Brad....
  /"\