[plug] SID & X

Steve Lamont stephen.f.lamont at eddept.wa.edu.au
Tue Apr 8 13:18:39 WST 2003

At last PLUG meeting I upgrade to 4.3 Xfree86 and changed to SID full. The
desktop and KDE 3.1 are great but I have a problem running applications such
as openoffice which ran before. I have installed the latest unstable and that
doesn't work either. This happens on Wine and fonsel (the only two I've
checked).
The message return I get is:

Font metrics: 23.2% done
Font metrics: 23.4% done
Font metrics: 23.6% done
Font metrics: 23.8% done
Font metrics: 24.0% done
Font metrics: 24.2% done
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
  Value in failed request:  0x200034f
  Serial number of failed request:  2698
Wine failed with return code 1

This from Wine. A similar message appears in Openoffice. I have tried:

xhost +localhost

This doesn't work. Is it a font or permissions problem. I can run X no
problems.

Any help I would appreciate.
Ta
Steve Lamont