[plug] server failing with bizarre disk errors

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Wed Apr 9 16:52:50 WST 2003

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 09/04/2003 04:49 PM
-----

                      Craig Ringer
                      <craig at postnewspap        To:       Perth Linux User Group <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      ers.com.au>               cc:
                                                Subject:  [plug] server failing with bizarre disk errors
                      09/04/2003 04:21
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

>The errors look very much like this:

>status=0x10 { SeekComplete }
>I/O error: drive is not ready for command

If you find out what it is, please let me know, all I can tell you is that
unplugging and replugging the cables, and replacing them doesn't work. (for
me anyway) Maybe moving to another IDE controller will help. I've been
having these insurmountable opportunities for close to 2 years - goes away
for a while, and then strikes at full strength.

RichardM