[plug] server failing with bizarre disk errors

Kai kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Thu Apr 10 10:47:06 WST 2003

Richard Meyer wrote:
>-- SNIP --<

>>I've just moved the drives on my problem server to separate interfaces,
>>clocked down the CPU, disabled the parallel port and clocked down the
>>RAM. It /seems/ to be behaving now, but it'll be hard to say for sure
>>for a few days.
>

> Mine work fine for weeks, and then the trouble starts.

Speaking of hardware, I read an article on page 62 of APCMag about the
VIA EPIA M9000 Minit-ITX mobo.

Everything on board, apparently works with Linux, sure you can't load it
  up to the eyeballs but that's not the idea of it.

$349 AUD for the mobo, buy a well ventialted case and the other usual
parts and it'd be a good little server !