[plug] Re: setnu mode in emacs

David Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Thu Apr 10 13:14:17 WST 2003

Thanks Rob.

I've already got line-number-mode turned on.  However that only tells me the
current line number.  If I want to jump directly to a particular point in
the file, I'd have to count the lines to see how many down from the current
line it is.  By enabling line-numbers along the side - as with vi's :set nu
option, I can straight-away see the line number and therefore jump directly
to it. 8-)

cheers

David.