[plug] PCI Modem troubleshooting

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Thu Apr 17 11:27:51 WST 2003

>> Doh! I just assumed because lspci said Rockwell that is was a vanilla
Rockwell.
>> Sorry for ignorance. Do they do a WinModem chipset ? I thought winmodems
were
>> all Lucent. Or is it simply that Linux only has a Lucent driver ?

>I think Rockwell do both HCF and HSF chipsets - don't think there are
>drivers for any of them.
>Conexant are the big culprits other than Lucent, though.

A quick check of www.alltheweb.com of "rockwell + software modem" shows
that Rockwell are in the software modem business big time.

IIRC correctly they are one of the major chipset manufacturers for
winmodems. An earlier search suggested that Rockwell chipsets are in
Conexant modems.

RichardM