[plug] OT: And M$ software strikes again...

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Thu Apr 17 12:50:13 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 12:15, David Buddrige wrote:
> for your interest/amusement;

> I've never had this problem (I've been running Redhat on my desktop at work
> and home for several years now).

<naive rant>

This smells to me somewhat like the recent "NT4.0 too flawed to fix"
issues (i have the nasal plugin for mozilla):

Totally different circumstances I know, but I can't help thinking these
are all part of a grander tactic of cyclical dictatorial upward
migration.

Please select from the following:

   (a) Do without the functionality we were meant to provide you
       when you bought the product.
   (b) Leave your machine wide open with a sign on it saying
       'r00t m3'
   (c) Pay us heaps more for a newer flawed product.
   (d) Buy some software [re]assurance so we can let it expire
       without providing any updates and make more money.
-> (e) All of the above.

</naive rant>

And to keep it O[n]T - I use Debian :)

Ryan