[plug] command line prob

Quintin Lette quintin at arach.net.au
Mon Apr 21 20:43:08 WST 2003

On Monday 21 April 2003 20:35, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <200304211956.55452.grail at enterprize.net.au>
>
> on Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 07:56:55PM +0800, Craig Dyke wrote:
> > I have noticed of late that i am unable to have a single quote ' display
> > at command line unless I press a further key?
>
> Maybe your 'Compose' key is stuck.
> You DO have a 'Compose' key, right ;)

I can only see a 'Compose' key on my Sun keyboards... none on my Mac or my
PC... hmmm... what to do ;-) ... time to get out the soldering iron then :-)

> PS. Seriously, as others have mentioned, it does sound
> like a keyboard layout / locale issue.

I have had several different "weird" things happen with the wrong keyboard
layout, and much to my disgust US is the general rule (but is often not the
default when choosing English[UK] as the locale)