[plug] Keyboard issues [was: command line prob]

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Mon Apr 21 21:20:46 WST 2003

While on the subject of misbehaving keyboards, my 'repeat' functionality completely dies in all X programs and console after a few days of use.

I suspect it might be mplayer, as when you ungracefully crtl-c the controlling xterm wont echo characters until you 'reset' it.  Having said that though, another machine with the same setup never has the problem.

Does anyone know how to restore the keyboard repeat functionality when it goes awol and/or have any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,

Ryan