[plug] Debian - Mixed version

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Tue Apr 22 09:55:15 WST 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, quoth Anne Busby:

> I need to upgrade some of my library files
> (libc6,libncurses5 & libreadline4) to the version in
> testing to install pnet (portable.net).
>
> 1. Can I do this using apt-get without upgrading my
> whole system ? How?

Since you need a new libc6 you really should upgrade everything, since
libc6 is what almost everything is linked to.

If you just needed to upgrade libncurses and libreadline then you could
recompile them for your current libc by downloading the source package
(apt-get source) and running "debian/rules binary" from the package source
directory.

Beware that if you do this for too many libraries it can make upgrading to
Sarge when it is finally released kinda tricky (but not impossible)

 - Matt