AC/DC was Re: [plug] Smoke escaped

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Apr 22 22:11:19 WST 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:02:32 +0800 bob <bob at fots.org.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:34 pm, Ben Jensz wrote:
> > ahhhh... :)
> >
> > Just the power pack on it went right?  Why not just get a new power pack
> > if the rest of the modem is fine?
>
> Nope, looks like there might have been some turns shorted or some such.
> Applying power from bench psu to it produces buzzing and no attempt to dial
> :(.

Gday Bob

Some are AC and some DC and I've had one that I changed from a DC plugpack
someone had decided would do (it did make the lights go on and _seemed_
ok) but the AC pack made it _actually_ dial and connect.

You probly know all this but no harm in suggesting.

All the best
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://conf.linux.org.au/	22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/