[plug] Volunteer(s) wanted

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Apr 23 16:40:20 WST 2003

I won't be able to attend this...

    http://www.svshs.wa.edu.au/staff/mweber/projects/sigfest/

...but you might.

The school is running 20 identical (Mandrake 9.1) Linux workstations for
their contingent of natives to do stuff like video editing on, thanks
to netcat and a set of shell scripts which it pleases me to call
Weapons of Mass Distribution (and which shall be retrieved, packaged
and published under same name shortly).

Mark Weber, the man advertising it, and Peter Spicer-

It needs a few people to attend, and all you need to do is show of your
own Linux systems and maybe yak with passers-by about the virtues of
Open Source.

The following properties are considered helpful, but you will be
constructively employed on the day even if you possess none of them:

 * A laptop

 * The slightest knowledge of Linux and/or other Open Source software

 * A willingness to answer questions

Even if you can't attend, drumming up and or printing a flyer (say, A4
or 3fold) on "Open Source in Education" (there might be a good one
kicking around on the web already) is another way of contributing.

If interested, please contact me ASAP. I'd like four committed
volunteers and a handful of "casuals", so there's plenty of room (and
need) for you.

There will be others there

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

Cheers; Leon