[plug] WineX compile problem under Sid

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Apr 23 22:41:16 WST 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:29:52 +0800
caston at arach.net.au wrote:

> Okay I got post of the way alright but had to install some more packages like bison, flex and
> the x development libraries.
>
> Any chance I might be missing more packages?

Dunno, but have a look at auto-apt, I've used it before when building messy programs .. it worked well.

 auto-apt checks the file access of programs running within its
 environments, and if a program tries to access a file known to
 belong in an uninstalled package, auto-apt will install that
 package using apt-get.  This feature requires apt and sudo to work.

Read the man page - there is also a doco on the Debian website about it somewhere.  You have to let it build its package lists - much like 'apt-get update' or else it wont be able to cross-reference missing files to packages.

Ryan